Perhaps the need for lanolin to soothe your nipples during breastfeeding is no longer necessary. However, you still have a lot to use so you're wondering what to do with it...
Here are ten other uses for lanolin that will leave you wanting to get more!
- Cuticle repair - smooth on cuticles overnight to replenish them and make them soft
- Protect leather - apply to any leather item that needs softening
- Hair product - use a small amount to tame flyaways or for the messy bedhead look
- Cracked heels - apply lanolin before going to bed and wear socks to help it be absorbed
- Little cuts - use a small amount on little cuts like paper cuts or shaving cuts
- Sunburn - help bring your skin back from a day in the sun
- Dry Nose - when kids have a cold, apply some under their nose to protect the skin from all the extra nose-wiping
- Chapped skin - lips, cheeks and other skin that's been chapped from the cold
- Mustache Wax - melt with equal parts beeswax and pour into a sanitised jar
- Dog Paws - if your dog has abrasions on its paws, a little lanolin will help
Do you have any special uses for lanolin in your routines? We find it's great as a general moisturiser for hands in the winter - especially for those who work outdoors. Share your suggestions with us!